Friday, March 4, 2011

Polymer Clay and The Information Highway

"Polymer clay jewelry???  What is it and how and why did you get into that?"  I'm often asked these questions.  Its been about 2 years since I caught the bug and I can't define one exact event that got me here.  I can say that the internet, with all the information that can be found in seconds, was a huge part of what attracted me and ultimately has made me successful in this venture.

I remember about 15 years ago, a friend told me that one day we would be buying our groceries on the internet.  I had just learned to play solitaire on the computer, how on earth would I buy something on the same machine?  (You young-ins can stop laughing now!  Someday, your experiences will sound ridiculous too!)  But here I am, purchasing my much needed supplies to create my jewelry, watching how-to's on youtube and staying in touch with family via facebook.  The world changes and evolves....not all good...but not all bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment